From ShareRice Wiki (AFN)
- Title: Ka Badin / ข้าบดินทร์
- Also known as: The King's Servant
- Duration: 14 Episodes
- Genre: Drama/Romance/Action
- Air time: Friday-Saturday-Sunday @ 8:15pm - 10:45pm
- Broadcast network: Channel 3
- Broadcast period: May 30, 2015--- June 28, 2015
- Theme song:
- Popularity: Well Recieved
- Ratings: Nationwide Average: 5.32
- Episode 1: 4.3
- Episode 2: 4.6
- Episode 3: 3.0
- Episode 4: 4.0
- Episode 5: 4.3
- Episode 6: 4.3
- Episode 7: 5.3
- Episode 8: 5.6
- Episode 9: 6.3
- Episode 10: 6.4
- Episode 11: 6.4
- Episode 12: 5.8
- Episode 13: 6.6
- Episode 14: 7.6
- Producer: Pin Nathanan
- Director: Noom Atthaporn Teemakorn
- Screenwriter: Wan Kanawath
- Company Name: TV Scene
- James Ma as Haym
- Peeranee Kongthai (Matt) as Lamduan
- Saimai Maneerat as Bua
- Boy Chokchai Boonworametee as Meunwichitchonhan
- Kik Danai Jarujinda as Sai-Ming Sot Noi
- Ton Jakkrit Ammarat as Phor Phan Rirak (Rerk)
- Mam Jintara Sukapat as Khun Ying Chom
- Dilok Thong wattana as Khun Gohson
- Sawitree Samipak as Khun Pin
- M Apinun Prasertwattanakul as Pinrapbot Luangsonat
- Santisuk Promsiri (Noom) as Character Name
- Jack Chakapan as Bout
- Yaimai Morakot as Tuptim
- Noom Atthaporn Teemakorn as Phraya Palad Samut Prakorn
- Suchao Pongwilai as Character Name
- Man Karin Satayu as Phor Chuang
- Wiwat Pasomsap as Character Name
- Ken Streutker as Character Name
- Patdee Bintong as Character Name
- Morragot Hataiseewong as Character Name
- Sorapong Chatree as Character Name
- Chumphon Theppitak as Character Name
- Prasat Torngorram as Character Name
- Ratwat Ngern as Character Name
- Krailad Kriangkrai as Character Name
- Chai Suntonsiri as Character Name
- Pong Sanarot Winsiri as Character Name
- Padol Suwannabang as Character Name
- Sang Lerwitsangsit as Character Name
- Pim Kagunchonnayuraya as Character Name
- Ball Vittavat Singlumpong as Character Name
- Baifern Patarin Jearasuk as Character Name
- Pensri Pinthong as Character Name
- Krongkwan Mongkon as Character Name
- Ponsuang Ruaycheun as Character Name
- Atnai Taytawong as Character Name
Haym (James Ma): He is the son of Pra'yaa Burirak (Jakrit Ammarat) and Khun Ying Chom (Mam Jintara). When he was younger, Haym would sneak to learn English from Wilat's clan even after his father prohibited him from doing so. His family then encountered a life crisis which lead them to grow poor and lose their status as a noble family. They became victims for a crime they did not commit. As a result, Haym lost trust in Wilat and his men. He became suspicious of them. Later, Haym became a soldier and rebuilt his reputation through the goodness that his father had taught him. He was then able to free both his mother and him from being imprisoned.
Lamduan (Peeranee Kongthai (Matt)): She is the younger daughter of Khun Naat and Khun Pin. Lamduan is also the niece of Pra'yaa Klang. Lamduan is well-mannered and kind to everyone. She is bold and unafraid to stand up for what she believes in. She is also sensitive and cries easily. Lamduan is known for her beautiful dancing. Lamduan invested her heart in Haym, her perfect older brother who has always been kind to her ever since they were little.
Bua (Saimai Maneerat): She is Lamduan's older sister. Bua is a quiet person who doesn't dare to go against anyone's will because she is afraid that no one will love her. Deep inside her heart, Bua is very jealous of Lamduan. Anyone who has ever loved or took an interest in Bua either lost their lives or gave up. Bua secretly loves Haym but after Haym's family were framed and became imprisoned, Bua decided to put in an end to the love she had for him. She then agreed to become the Prince's wife because it will provide her a better life. However, when things didn't turn out as expected, she would put the blame on others.
Credit: Mahalo @ Asianfuse
James Ma will be playing the role Haym in Ka Badin, which takes place in the era of King Nang Klao, the third reign (after King Rama II). The story sets around the period when England (known as Wilat at the time) enters into a commercial partnership role with Thailand, and this historical fact plays as a backbone to the plot of this drama. Because Haym is a good looking, well-mannered and bright boy, he is known as “Phor Haym Roop Thong” meaning “Phor Haym the Golden” (back then boys/men are referred to as ‘phor’). He has a knack for English and sneaks around to further his skills with an English teacher, however once his father finds out – he who doesn’t trust foreigners – decides to send his son to study at the monastery. There, Haym picks up sword wielding skills. Unfortunately, accused of killing an Englishman, he is relegated to being an elephant keeper. He then masters the science of ailing elephants and becomes quite the vet and elephant keeper. Therein he meets Lamduan (Matt Peeranee) who is the leading actress of a dance play in Amphawa. He had already met her when they were younger, and this propels them to fall in love. However due to their status differences, as well as interference from another man who wants Lamduan for himself, Haym pursues the military forces so that he can improve his status. With his brilliance and capability, Haym climbs the military rung (so to speak) and also becomes the national pride and bravery of Badin.
Credit to: Lovefia's Blog
Trivia or Interesting Info about this Lakorn
- This is James Ma's second lakorn.
- This is Matt's first period lakorn and Saimai's first lakorn.
- Pin says the reason why James Ma was chosen because the role required an actor who is talented, dedicated, hard-working, and good in action scenes. James gladly accepted it since he saw the lakorn as another challenge.
- This lakorn took seven months before actually starting to film.
- James had to train hard to fight Boran style, it took many months which is why it took a while before they started filming.
- Although this lakorn finished filming in November 2014, it finally aired in May 2015.
- Ka Badin has been shot in 17 provinces and over 50 locations in Thailand. The cast and crew had to handle the weather which was around 40 Degrees Celsius.
- The first episode of Ka Badin trended #1 on Twitter
- Many figures in the ET industry such as Anne Thongprasom posted James Ma for Ka Badin on their IG's to encourage James Ma.
- James said that when he learned his co-star was Matt, he said, "wow". He was excited to work with Matt because he thought she was a great actress and he liked her in her lakorn with Great. He said he is proud to be one of her co-star.
- Matt says when she learned that James was the p'ek, she couldn't imagine it, because of his complexion and smaller frame back then. But she said he proved that he could do it because he is very dedicated, she says that when he and the other guys fight with their swords it was very cool.