Yok Lai Mek
From ShareRice Wiki (AFN)
- Title: หยกลายเมฆ / Yok Lai Mek
- Also known as: Cloud Jade
- Duration: 15 Episodes
- Genre: Drama/Comedy/Action ???
- Popularity: top rated/low rated/failure
- Air time: Monday and Tuesday 8"30pm
- Broadcast network: Channel 3
- Broadcast period: 02 June 2009 - 21 July 2009
- Theme song: "theme song" Artist Name
- Producer: Add info here
- Director: Add info here
- Screenwriter: Add info here
- Company Name: Broadcast Thai
- Rome Patchata Nampan as Paul
- Janie Tienphosuwan as Katriya
- Sara Legge as Jeeranan - Katriya's sister
- Andrew Cronin as Sophon - Katriya's Guy-Friend
- Tik Kanyarat Jirarachakij as Hui Son - Katriya's Biological Mother
- Oat Worawut Niyomsup as Chuwit - Katriya's Father
- Supranee Jayrinpon as Janthana - Katriya's Mother
- Nirut Sirijanya (Ning) as Tao Gae Lor - Katriya's Grandfather
- Kik Mayurin Pongpudpunth as Aunt Mee Mee
- Deaw Suriyon Aroonwattanakul as Kang Jin - Aunt Mee Mee's lover
- Pornnapa Theptinnakorn as Jing Jing - Katriya's Aunt
- Puchong Yotapitak as Mao Jao - Jing Jing's husband
- Tah Warit Tipgomut as Peter - Jing Jing's Adopted Son
- Patsachon Soopree as Pekgee - Peter’s girlfriend & Phon's sister
- Ice Apissada Kreurkongka as Anna - Phon's Girl-Friend
- Pip Rawit Terdwong as Khun Anthony Jang - Katriya's Rival/Biological Father
- Natharika Thamapreedanan as Khun Anthony Jang's wife
- Sui Pornnapa Teptinnakorn as Hui Son's sister
- Lilly McGrath as Character Name
- Chaiwat Thongsaeng as Character Name
- Kimberly Anne Woltemas (Cameo Appearance) as guest star/model
Katriya Ekthamrongworakul (Janie) is the eldest daughter of Khun Chuwit (Woravut Niyomsap) and Khun Janthana (Supranee Jayrinpon). The Ekthamrongworakuls are in the business of gems, they are well-known and highly respected gem dealers.
hariya can be described as beautiful, strong-minded, and a person who does not know how to back down from a fight.T hariya has one younger sister named Jeeranan (Sara Leigh). Though they are like night and day in terms of appearance and personality, the bond between them is very strong. Sophon (Andrew Cronin) is Katriya’s fiance. Her sister Jeeranan secretly harbors feelings for him, but keeps it hidden out of respect for Katriya.
One day, Katriya’s fahter Chuwit asked her to visit her biological mother Hui San in Hong Kong, her mother is dying of cancer. At first she is taken back by his request, she struggles with the decision to go or not. In the end, she agrees. She travels to Hong Kong with a Cloud design Jade amulet given to her by her father, the same amulet her mother gave to him as her only companion.
At the Hong Kong airport, she is greeted by her Aunt Mee Mee (Kik Mayurin Pongpudpunth) and is immediately taken to the hospital to visit her dying mother Hui San. At the hospital, mother and daughter hug and bid their farewells. Soon after, her mother Hui San dies and Katriya stays in Hong Kong more than expected to arrange for her funeral. While in Hong Kong, Katriya becomes more acquainted with her mother’s family.
Her grandfather is Tao Gae Lor (”Ning” Nirut Sirijanya), a well-established businessman in Hong Kong. Her Aunt Mee Mee has a lover named Kang Jin (Deaw Suriyont) to whom her grandfather disapproves. He forbids them to marry and they haven’t done so.
Jing Jing (Pornnapa Theptinnakorn) is Katriya’s other aunt. Jing Jing is a selfish and envious woman. She plans to swindle the family business from everyone. She is married to Mao Jao ( Puchong Yotapitak) and her stepson is Peter (Tah Warit). Peter is the same age as Katriya. Peter is someone who should not be trusted, he is ambitious and will do anything to get his way.
Khun Anthony Jang is another person Katriya meets in Hong Kong, the first time she sees him, she absolutely despises him because he is her mother’s former lover, the same man her mother left her father for. Khun Jang has a handicapped wife named Suling (Nampueng), who is also good friends with her mother.
Peter’s girlfriend is Pekgee ( Patsachon Soopree). She is pregnant with his child. When Peter meets Katriya, he dumps Pekgee. Heart-broken, Pekgee tells her older brother Phon (Rome Patchada) that Peter has left her and will not responsibility for their unborn child.
To prevent Peter from getting close to Katriya, Phon uses himself as a barrier. He starts to spend a lot of time with Katriya, which makes his real life girlfriend Anna (Ice Apissada) extremely jealous.
After her mother’s funeral, Katriya had plans to leave Hong Kong; however, her Aunt Mee Mee prevents her from doing so. Her grandather Tao Gae Lor wants to make Katriya an heir to his business empire. Katriya could care less about the inheritance and gets into a fight with her grandfather about her ethnicity of being both Thai and Chinese. Her grandfather experienced a heart-attack while arguing with her and is rushed to the hospital. He needs surgery to ensure his survival; however, he will not agree to it until Katriya promises to take over the family business. To save her grandfather, she gives in.
Back in Bangkok, Sophon and Katriya’s sister Jeeranan are spending a lot of time together.
After Katriya spends more time with Phon, she is realizes that she loves him.
In terms of business, Katriya takes her grandfather’s company to a whole new level. The company booms. They also become rival companies with Khun Jang’s company. Katriya and Khun Jang aggressively compete for business deals. And things do get out of hand. Gems are being stolen and reputations are being ruined.
To find out what happens to Katriya and her relationship with Phon and whether she can survive Khun Jang’s harsh business tactics, you’ll have to watch “Yok Lai Mek (Cloud Jade)” when it airs on June 2th on Ch3.
Jeeranan (Sara) secretly likes Sophon (Andrew). Sadly, he is dating her sister Katriya (Janie).
Peter (Tah Warit) impregnates Pekgee ( Patsachon Soopree) and ditches her when he meets Katriya. He wants wealth and Katriya is to inherit a lot of it from her decease mother.CREDIT TO WISHBONE.
- Star Entertainment Awards (2009) for Best Supporting Actress by Natharika Thamapreedanan
- Nataraja Awards (2009) for Best Supporting Actress by Natharika Thamapreedanan