- Title: Meu Nang/มือนาง
- Also known as: A mother's hand/Mother's love/The Hand of Love
- Duration: 16 Episodes
- Genre: Drama/Suspense (Horror)
- Popularity: Rating of 15
- Air time: Wed-Thu @ 8:30PM
- Broadcast network: Channel 7
- Broadcast period: March 25, 2009 - May 14, 2009
- Theme song: "Meu Nang" by
- Producer: Add info here
- Director: Sayom Sangwariboot
- Screenwriter: Katahat Bootpakade
- Company Name: Dida Production
- TengNeung Kritnagan Maneepagaphan as Peempob
- Kwan Usamanee Vaithayanon as Mesaya
- Tle Tawan Jarujinda as Tula
- Fai Nichanun Funkaew as Fahngarm
- Danai Samudkojorn (Dan) as Phirat
- Chadaporn Rattanakorn as Thipawan
- Som Nattawara Hongsuwan as Moota
- Tom Ratchaneekorn Phanmanee as Parada
- Banjerdsri Yamapai as Urai
- Sattawat Doolayawijit as Pratuan
- Kob Songsit Rungnopakunsi as Dr. Danai Udompat
- Sorapong Chatree as Payak
- Nareumol Nilawan as Nipa
- Phirawan Na Nakorn as Cheunwan
- Pacharanan Foosang as Jaew
- Apissata Kraisang as Utai
- Lapawat Eadsuwan as Ghost Goh
- Kesarin Poollarp as Noi
- Piyada Penjinda as Rabeab
It's about a mother who love her daughter so much. The mother's love and warmth that was passed through her hand to protect her daughter from a car overturned accident, resulting in decapitation of her hand due to the broken window and she eventually died. But, the hand was never recovered, leaving her a handles corpse. Where is that hand now? we don't exactly know....
credit: Dida and Tengneung's forums
Kwan is Mesaya or Nong May, a young girl who lost her mother at the tender age of 7 in a car accident. Her father Dr. Danai Udompat (Kob Songsit), her mother Thipawan (Chadaporn Rattanakorn), and herself went on a little ride together and the car brakes stopped working. Unbeknownst to them all, the car brake lines were cut by Thipawan’s best friend Parada (”Tom” Ratchaneekorn Punmanee), a woman who secretly harbored feelings for Dr.Danai and wanted Thipawan’s life.
The car accident severed Thipawan’s hand, Dr.Danai saw it wiggling and decided to keep it. WTF? If you see a severed hand moving around, you don’t decide to keep it and put magical spells on it. If it was me, I would have freaked out.
Several months pass, Parada pretends to care for Mesaya to make Dr.Danai think she really loves his daughter. Looking for someone to be a mother for his young daughter, Dr.Danai marries Parada. They have one child together, a daughter, Moota (”Som” Nattawara Hongsuwan). Soon after the arrival of Moota, Parada starts abusing Mesaya. Thipawan’s hand awakens when her daughter is being abuse and Thipawans emerges to protect Mesaya.
Several years pass, Mesaya is all grown up. She meets Peempob Wattananon (TengNeung) at the temple while doing alms for her deceased mother Thipawan. It was love at first sight for Peempob.
Unfortunately for him, Moota has her sight on him for a future husband. Seeing that Mesaya a threat to the future happiness of her daughter, Parada encourages Phirat (Danai Samudkojorn) to start seeing Mesaya. Peempob becomes jealous of Phirata and Mesaya’s relationship, but he doesn’t do anything about it.
Supernatural events started happening at Parada and Dr.Danai’s house, Paradas calls in a shaman to exorcised Thipawan’s spirit. During this time, Mesaya who can’t take the abuse anymore decides to run away to stay with her friend Fanam (”Fai” Nichanun Funkaew). She also took her mother’s hand.
Misunderstanding the situation, Peempob believes Mesaya has run off to stay with a guy. He kidnaps her and holds her captive at his house. Gradually, Peempob begins to realize he was wrong about Mesaya, really, she is a pitiful person in a bad situation. At this point, their relationship begins to blossom.
Again, unfortunately for Peempob, his happiness with Mesaya is cut short. Moota staged a scene to make Peempob assumed he slept with her and she pretends to be pregnant with his child. Though he does not want to marry her, his father forces him to. watch it to see how the story unfolds. credits to Lyn's lakorn blog
Trivia or Interesting Info about this Lakorn
- Weir Sukollawat Kanarot was originally casted as the male leading role, Peempob, but due to certain circumstances he dropped out, so the role went to TengNeung Kritnagan Maneepagaphan instead.
- Rumors says the reason Weir dropped out was due to Kwan's conflict with Pancake and also his earlier conflicts with Kwan from an earlier lakorn with her. But the production team and Weir came out to deny the rumors regarding the conflicts.
- This drama will be filmed & go on-air at the same time
credit to ch7.com