Look Maai Klai Ton
From ShareRice Wiki (AFN)
- Title: Look Mai Klai Ton / ลูกไม้ไกลต้น
- Also known as: The Fruit Falls Far from the Tree
- Duration: 15 Episodes
- Genre: Family/Drama/Romance
- Popularity: top rated
- Air time: Mon-Tue at 20:30PM
- Broadcast network: Channel 7
- Broadcast period: July 11, 2016 - August 29, 2016
- Theme song opening:รักสักคำ by: Amp Saowalak Leelabut
- Theme Ending:ทำไมต้องเธอ by: Aom Akkaphan Namart
- Related to: Luk Mai Klai Ton (2000)
- Novelist: Sophi Pannarai
- Director: Punya Chumrit
- Screenwriter: Nawadee Sathityutthakarn
- Company Name: Media Studio
- Aom Akkaphan Namart as Chanon
- Min Peechaya Wattanamontree as Rasa
- Pleng Kavita Rodkerd as Sasikorn
- Tyfoon Takphet Lekawijit as Apiruk
- Som Tunsinee Promsut as Wanruedee
- Fern Passakorn Ponlaboon as Bongkot
- Kwang Chongmas Bangchawong as Rot
- Jim Jayjintai Untimanon as Tatchai
- Nattawut Isrankurâ Na Ayuttaya as Nut
- Tar Pasin Sritham as Character Name
- Santisuk Promsiri (Noom) as Chalerm Bordinthornwatchara
- Passorn Boonyakiart as Prem
- Wiwat Phasomsab as Panin Khiatchai
- Mantana Himatongkam as Kanlaya
- Daungjai Hathaikarn as Character Name
- Pimpan Chalaikupp as Supa
Twenty years ago, best friends Panin Khiatchai (Wiwat) and Chalerm Bordinthornwatchara (Noom) each started their own jewelry company and became successful gem tycoons. Panin has two sons, Chanon (Aom) and Apirak (Tyfoon), while Chalerm has two daughters, Wanruedee(Som) and Sasikarn (Pleng).
Despite his success, Panin discovers his wife Kanlaya (Mantana) is cheating on him with one of his best diamond craftsmen, Aroon. Kanlaya decides to leave him to be with her lover despite the tears and pleading from her sons. Due to her betrayal, over the years, Chanon grew up bitter and distrusting of women. Because his father and brother are both soft-hearted people, he had to learn to be hard and cold to protect them from anyone who tried to take advantage of them, especially women.
Chalerm, on the other hand, loved women and always have wondering eyes. Supa (Pimpan) is a maid at his house but was tricked by him into believing that her husband was in jail. Not having the money to bail her husband out, she was willing to sleep with her boss in order to exchange for money to free her husband. Turn out that it was all a lie.
Years later, Supa was tricked by her son Nut (Rasa’s half-brother) into believing that Rasa (Min) owes a lot of money. Not having the money to help her daughter, mom finally reveals to Rasa the truth of the circumstances of her birth- hoping that her real father can help her financially. Losing her mom and learning the truth about her real father, Rasa is angry and vows to make her father bow at her mother funeral and that rich people can’t look down on poor people.
After her mother’s death, it was a challenge for Rasa to just to meet with Chalerm for Chanon, who happened to be present the first day Rasa showed up at Golden Jewelry Co., immediately pegged her as a con artist and helped security throw her out. Circumstances lead Rasa and Chanon to become entangled in each other’s lives, and despite their opposing views in life, the two eventually fall for each other, even though Apirak, Chanon younger brother is in love with Rasa and Chanon is betrothed to Sasi, Rasa’s half-sister. How will this love square end? Will Rasa ever be accepted by her birth father, and will Chanon ever learn to let go of the past and forgive his mother?
Credit to: Chobling
FYI: Some parts of the review has been edit,b/c this version(2016)is a tiny bit different.
Trivia or Interesting Info about this Lakorn
- This is a remake of Kob and Andrew's Luk Mai Klai Ton (2000)
- Last version(2000)- Rasa's mom was actually raped- It was not a willing scene like this version(2016)